You’ll soon be effectively combating Aunty Flo.
Raise your hand if you’ve ever been personally victimized by Mother Nature.
Let’s be real. Being a woman is great…three fourths of the time. But that 5-day, mojo-killer that comes every month is brutal. While some of us are #blessed with minor cramps and occasional fatigue, the rest are trapped with a face full of acne, bloating, irritability, and cramps that feel like they might actually kill us.
Here are 10 genius tips to actually help survive the inevitable monthly bloodbath.
1. “I wear two pairs of panties when I’m on my period so there’s less of a chance that I’ll leak onto my clothes.” — Sonali, 20.
2. “Stay away from waxing. Everything down there is more sensitive than usual when you’re menstruating, so why submit yourself to extra pain?” — Medhavi, 29.
3. “Drink as much water as you can because when you lose so much fluid from your body, it is very easy to get dehydrated. It may be the reason you feel so bloated or lethargic.” — Natasha, 25.
4. “Invest in a hot water bottle, it works wonders! Applying heat to your abdomen will get the blood flowing and relieve those cramps.” — Mandri, 21.
5. “Don’t drink coffee. Caffeine constricts blood vessels and, as a result, period cramps are worsened!” — Anuradha, 19.
7. “Drinking red wine always, always helps with period cramping. No joke.” — Naomi, 25.
7. “I get high every day that I’m on my period. It helps with the moods swings and the cramps!” — Sachini, 22.
8. “Do something you really enjoy. Although it won’t reduce the pain, it will distracts you from it. My cramps are always really bad, so I read or binge-watch my favourite show.” — Nethra, 22.
10. “I always wear a bikini bottom when I’m on my period. If I end up leaking, it’s so much easier to wash out than regular underwear. Works every time.” — Michelle, 27.
11. “When I get pimples or acne whilst on my period, I add Tea Tree Oil to any face mask I use. It makes a world of a difference.” — Sharlene, 24.
Your email address will not be published.
You may use these HTML tags and attributes: <a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <s> <strike> <strong>
<a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <s> <strike> <strong>