What is this magic.
With the inter-monsoons hitting hard in the evenings and taking the temperature down a notch, we start craving something warm and cozy that’s easy to pair with a TV marathon after a long day at work.
So we sourced these easy AF recipes that take 10 minutes to create…and require only a mug. So there’s zero extra dishes to clean! It’s a win-win sitch, everybody.
Curl up and binge Game of Thrones (AGAIN!) with Pizza In A Cup
What you need:
• 4T. flour
• 1/8t. baking powder
• 1/16t. baking soda
• 1/8t. salt
• 3T. milk
• 1T. olive oil
• Marinara sauce or any preferred substitute
• Pepperoni or any dried meat
• Italian herbs
• Mix the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt into a large, microwaveable mug
• Add milk and oil, then stir
• Spread marinara on top of batter
• Layer with meat and herbs, and finish it off with a topping of mozzarella
• Microwave for 1.5 minutes or until cheese is bubbling
You can absolutely tweak the dish to suit your preference. Add some of yesterday’s leftover chicken or even amma’s parippu for an ultimate Lankan twist on the good ol’ zza. Warning: you may never go back to standard Italian!
This next recipe is for sweet tooth cravings with a cup of tea and a good book (or, let’s face it, Instagram) in hand, wrapped in an age-old comforter.
Jelly Donut In A Mug
• 2T. (1oz/30g) butter
• 4T. all-purpose flour
• 1 egg yolk
• 2T. sugar
• 1T. milk
• ½t. baking powder
• ¼t. ground cinnamon
• 1T. strawberry jam
1. Place butter into a microwavable mug and microwave until just melted (roughly 20 seconds)
2. Add in the remaining ingredients; mix well with fork until combined
3. Once the batter is mixed, place the spoonful of jam down into the core of the batter for a jammy center (yum!)
4. Microwave for 45 seconds or until it’s firm on the top. (Cooking time might vary according to your microwave). Always keep a close eye on your mug while in the microwave so it doesn’t overflow or overcook.
5. Sprinkle some sugar on top and enjoy straight away!
It really doesn’t get any better than this.
Your email address will not be published.
You may use these HTML tags and attributes: <a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <s> <strike> <strong>
<a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <s> <strike> <strong>